award winning game Designer and STORYTELLER
Award-winning, critically acclaimed game designer with 18 years of experience. Participated in shipping in excess of 35 titles across multiple platforms and genres. 20 years of industry total.
Played a key role in the development of some of the industry's largest franchises,
Have managed all phases of the development process, from creative conception to prototyping, release and live operations.
Nov 2014 to Feb 2017 Zynga, Design Director Poker
· Orchestrated a Gameplay comeback with YoY step function growth through Quality and Gameplay
· 12% YoY growth, record 4m DAU, record Daily revenue $500-600K
· Competitive analysis, deconstruction and Creative Roadmap direction
· Zynga wide Live Streaming Operations, 1.2m reach, 35k unique viewers
o Best of 2016 Live Stream Facebook
March 2013 to Nov 2014 Tell Tale Games, Lead Designer, Story Team
· Lead Designer and Co-Story Creator, “Wolf Among Us: In Sheep’s Clothing” Episode 4
o Game of the Year and various other categories.
· Co-Story Creator, “Tales of the Borderlands” Episode 2, currently on Action Sequences.
· Pre-Production and prototyping of new IP
· Season Story developer
Jan 2012 to March 2013, Red Ronin Entertainment, Co-Founder and Creative Director
· Created "Amazing Flying Machines", an original IP available exclusively on the iOS
· Designed all gameplay systems, including physics, stats and abilities, game balance, micro-transactions, and player retention strategies. Top 10 Games in Japan.
· Managed external team of contract engineers and artists
June 2011 to Jan 2012, Atari SA, Creative Lead/Sr Game Designer
· Adapted and updated company's design strategies for mobile and social games. This involved leading new design initiatives, adjusting technology requirements, and R.F.P. creation
· Design lead for Asteroids Gunner, Centipede: Origins, 3DS Roller Coaster Tycoon, and Super Bunny Breakout
· Design liaison for Dungeons & Dragons: Heroes of Neverwinter
Nov 2009 to June 2011, Petroglyph Games, Creative Lead/Game Designer
· Lead Designer for Award Winning E3 Design for End of Nations MMO RTS.
· Back to Back Award Winning Awards and Nominations
· Designed, built, and balanced maps, missions, and systemic content
· Creative Lead, Championed game's creative vision to other internal groups, such as production, art, and engineering
Nov 2008 to May 2009, Big Huge Games, Sr. Lead Level Designer
· Prototyped dungeons for Ken Rolston's RPG, Kingdoms of Alamur
· High Level design for 150 dungeons, including layout, object placement, lighting, scripting, and enemy and FX placement
· Directed design team to ensure proper application of narrative themes and the placement/layout of narrative objects within the game space
July 2007 to Feb 2008, Collision Studios, Contract Lead Designer/Bus Dev Design
Wrote proposals, created gameplay prototypes, and worked on experimental projects such as Warner Brother's Viral Video
Helped grow projects from proposals through final contract
July 2005 to July 2007, Trilogy Studios, Lead Game Design/Director/Partner
Helped manage initial development of IP, company vision, and brainstorm non-traditional delivery concepts
Lead game designer for Daybreakers, an action-RPG hybrid similar to Borderlands
Pitched and designed Shrek Worlds, a children's MMO-lite for DreamWorks
Managed all aspects of game design for original and licensed IPs
2001 – 2005, Electronic Arts, Lead Level Designer
Medal of Honor: Lead Level Designer
In conjunction with producer, led full team of designers, artists, and engineers to create the "Battle of the Bulge" campaign. Remained in that role from pre-production through full production
Maintained relationships with advisors from the United States Marine Corps. to maintain the brand's authenticity
Created and prototyped new IP proposals using in-house technology
Designed all phases of the acclaimed E3 "Pearl Harbor" level and its counterpart that shipped in the final product
Created scenarios that acted as foundational design blueprints for the rest of the game
2000-2001 Novalogic, Design Manager
Titled Design Dept. Manager charged with managing mission design and the day-to-day operation of the design department.
Co-Created Black Hawk Down original mission scenario which later became Black Hawk Down IP
Worked on titles, Land Warrior, Comanche 4 et al
Design real world military encounters for the military with “Secret” tier status
1999-2000 Black Ops Studios, AI/Level Designer
Implemented level design, managed texture memory and asset database
AI design and scripting
The World is Not Enough E3 Level
1996-1999 Activision, QA Console Sr. Manager- Tester
Co-Managed a department of more than 30 testers and 3 teams as Sr. Manager
Responsibilities included Budget management, Coordinating with Sr. VP, Producers and Marketing to ensure a timely ship of the product.
Co-Created 3rd party shipping standards for ATVI's console department.
During my employment at ATVI, I led a small group of testers which worked on a variety of OEM products which produced more revenues than their ordinary product lines.
UCLA Graduate of School of Fine Art: Bachelor's degree/ 3.79 GPA
Walking Dead 400 Days
Amazing Flying Machines (Mobile)
Dungeons and Dragons: Heroes of Never Winter (FB)
Roller Coaster Tycoon 3d (3DS)
Deer Hunter Online (FB)
Super Bunny Breakout (Mobile)
Asteroids: Gunner (Mobile)
Breakout Mania (Mobile)
Centipede: Infestation (Wii)
Centipede: Infestation (3DS)
DnD: Heroes of Never-Winter (Social)
Putt Putt/Freddie Fish (Mobile)
Jumper: Griffin's Story (2008), Brash Entertainment, LLC.
Medal of Honor: European Assault (2005), Electronic Arts, Inc.
Medal of Honor: Rising Sun (2003), Electronic Arts, Inc.
Medal of Honor: Frontline Xbox Multiplayer
Delta Force: Urban Warfare (2002), NovaLogic, Inc.
Comanche 4 (2001), NovaLogic, Inc.
Delta Force: Land Warrior (2000), NovaLogic, Inc.
U.S. Govt. Tank Simulations (2000), NovaLogic, Inc
Star Trek: Armada (2000), Activision (UK) Limited
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater (2000), Activision, Inc.
The World is Not Enough (2000), Electronic Arts, Inc.
Disney/Pixar A Bug's Life (1999), Activision Publishing, Inc.
Disney's Tarzan (1999), Activision, Inc.
Space Invaders (1999), Activision, Inc.
Star Trek: Hidden Evil (1999), Activision Publishing, Inc.
Vigilante 8: 2nd Offense (1999), Activision, Inc.
Wu-Tang: Shaolin Style (1999), Activision, Inc.
Asteroids (1998), Activision, Inc.
Quake 2 patches 3.14
Quake 2 Expansion Packs
3dfx Mechwarrior Mercenaries
Dark Reign: Rise of the Shadowhand (1998), Activision, Inc.
Guardian's Crusade (1998), Tamsoft Corporation
Quake II Mission Pack: The Reckoning (1998), Activision, Inc.
Tenchu: Stealth Assassins (1998), Sony Music Entertainment (Japan), Inc.
Dark Reign: The Future of War (1997), Activision, Inc.
Heavy Gear (1997), Activision, Inc.
Interstate '76 (1997), Activision, Inc.
NetStorm: Islands at War (1997), Activision, Inc.